CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Olive & Ivy


http://www.foxrestaurantconcepts.com/olive.html

Quite the swanky location in the heart of the Scottsdale shopping district. The atmosphere is AMAZING, and I absolutely ADORED the patio area. They are INCREDIBLY strict when it comes to their 5:00 dinner service, but they will allow you to sit on the patio or in the bar area while you wait for your table. On a nice day there is not much difference between eating indoors or outdoors, so don't be too concerned about asking for first available!

I went there with my MIL, who like her son is a SUPER picky eater, and she loved it, so that is always a good sign. We began with the chickpea hummus and the Red Sangria, YUM! Both were very delightful. I adore the taste of chickpeas, so maybe that is why I am such a fan, but it was full of flavor and the pita bread it came with was so soft and warm. We both had the Braised Short Rib which was EXCELLENT, but the selling point of the meal is this little crock of mashed potatoes that they serve as a side with the meal. They are whipped and buttery and the absolute BEST mashed potatoes that I have ever eaten ANYWHERE!!!!

I wish I could say that we sampled some dessert, but we left without ever tasting any of their homemade gelato. They have an adjoining marketplace displaying all of their gelatos and it is truly a delightful little place!

UPDATE: We went to Olive and Ivy on Saturday night (5/24/07) and once again it was an absolutely MARVELOUS experience. They have changed the menu around, and I knew I desperately wanted the mashed potatoes, so I asked, and they accomodated my every wish. The short rib was also now served with turnips, and I didn't really want those, so I was able to pick another vegetable!!! Really did not even flinch when we all changed our side dishes! I also had a chance to sample their White Peach and Hibiscus Margarita, DELICIOUS! I was also able to watch people enjoy their dessert. Apparently the Apple Fritters are delectable because my husband was diving across the table for more. They are these donut holes, filled with apples and served with a "frosting" dipping sauce. A must try!!!!

0 comments: