CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

bomberos Cafe and Wine Bar


www.bomberoswinebar.com

This place is SMOKING hot when it comes to the Central Phoenix scene! A South American Wine Bar, it is very unigue in the city. I have been there several times, and each and every time, it is a low key crowd: having a MNO, hosting a meeting, quiet date, etc. Their patio is ABSOLUTELY fabulous, separated by gate from the parking lot, with a fire roaring, you would hardly know you were in the heart of Central Phoenix. I have yet to be there when they have their live music performances, but I have heard through word of mouth that they have great performances.

I have tried many of the wines: La Playa 06, Alamos 06, Cantena Agrelo 05, and the Susana Balbo Crios 06. While I have not tasted a red wine, several of my friends have tried it, and I have yet to hear a complaint! I still need to take my husband there so that he can report back on some of the beers.

While the wine is top notch, the food is too die for! The bruschetta is amazing. I have not had the salami and manchego with pesto or the tuna, but the other three are melt in your mouth goodness. The choice of three artisan cheeses are never a disappointment. Nothing can beat a cheese named Drunken Goat. The chocolate tort is served with fresh whipped cream, not too sweet, and from the looks of the plates that were scrapped clean, I would say it was a hit!

Don't let my post fool you, it is more than a late night, hot spot. They open at 7, serve fresh pastries and coffee and provide an inviting atmosphere to start your day!

0 comments: