CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Corbin's Bar and Grill




www.corbinsbarandgrill.com

One of the greatest neighborhood restaurants that I have been to in a long time, and I am happy to say that they have expanded to the West Valley as well! The Central Phoenix location is warm and inviting, never making one feel as though they have over stayed their welcome! It is one of the only restaurants that my friends and I have not been booted from in the past few months.

Their Spinach and Artichoke Dip is to die for, I hear the Pesto Cheese Bread is amazing, but once I tried the Spinach Dip, there was no turning back. My husband, Patrick, did not care for the nachos, claiming that there were too many chips and not enough cheese. He thought maybe a runny cheese would be better for such a large pile of chips, but he did enjoy the wings. Their "Stone-Fired Quesadillas" are large pizza like items. We had the Sauteed Shrimp, and I REALLY LIKED IT! I do think that it is a unique item, and for those with picky tastes it may be a little too outlandish for them, but I thought it tasted FANTASTIC! The Peppercorn Burger scared Patrick because he doesn't like pepper, but he left craving more of the delicious mixture of flavor. Also highly recommended: Club Salad, Caesar Salad, and Grilled Cheese!

Not to stop with food, their drink menu is extensive and satisfies all palates! The lemon drop martinis are beautiful (and tasty), the Carmel Apple Martini is a local favorite, the Latah Creek Riesling is a great selection, and most importantly, their shots are ENORMOUS! Lucky for me, I did not consume the shot that night, but it was easily 2 or 3 shots in one LARGE glass.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

Wow! I felt like I was reading a review in the New York Times! However, you may need a side note when it comes to talking about Pat. He is definitely NOT your typical food consumer. I lobe this!

Claire said...

Yay! Now I have a place to come to for ideas!!! ;o) How come you didn't tell anyone about this? LOVE IT!!!