CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Matt's Big Breakfast

www.mattsbigbreakfast.com
801 N. 1st Street
Phoenix, AZ

If you are an avid reader of my other blog, Crazy Little Psychos, then you knew this one was coming! I was a doubter! I thought there was no way that this place could be anything special when it came to serving breakfast. However, it was better than anyone had ever stated it would be! The location itself is the cutest little place, notice LITTLE! They were not really set up to accommodate our party of eight, but we split up, and enjoyed our SUPER breakfast.

The best part of the particular day we went was that the special was EGGS BENEDICT, and those are my absolute FAVORITE!!!!! The eggs were cooked perfectly, and I swear they used honey baked ham instead of Canadian bacon, which was such a pleasant surprise!!!! These were served with the hash browns which were like an enormous potato pancake that I absolutely LOVE, so I was very happy with this. I wish I had tried home fries, but I guess it will leave something for me to try next time.

My kids had the pancakes which were light and fluffy, the syrup was the perfect combination of sweet and sticky! My husband couldn't get enough of the waffle. The rest of the people we were with got some combination of the omelet. My sister's 14 year old step-son was overheard stating that he wanted to go back just 24 hours later!

I really appreciate the owner's wife (which makes her the owner too in my opinion, but whatever) taking the time to talk to all of us. I asked her if she made the bread, and they don't, BUT they do their best to use local business and only go outside the city if necessary. She said that if you are a local business they will give you a chance!

I can't wait to go back and try something off their lunch menu!

0 comments: