CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pizzeria Bianco

www.pizzeriabianco.com

TOTAL and COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT, and this is mainly due to the fact that Cibo (reviewed previously) was really hard to live up to. AND with Pizzeria Bianco being known as the best in the country, BLAH BLAH BLAH, I was expecting to be blown out of the water!

First of all, the incredibly RUDE hostess, needs to realize that she WORKS at Pizzeria Bianco, she doesn't own it, doesn't make the pizza, all she does is stand in the doorway and tell people that they must wait hours on end for mediocre, SOGGY pizza! We started with the tomato, basil and mozzarella salad, an antipasto and spiedini The tomato, basil and mozzarella was really good, the antipasto was a big plate of mushy cooked vegetables, and the spiedini was just ok.

As for the pizza, we tried one of each of the pizzas, and I would have to say my favorite was the Biancoverde! I realize more and more that I love the taste, texture and spice behind arugula, and it was SUCH A GREAT pizza topping. The Rosa with the red onion and pistachios had a unique flavor, and these are the two pizzas I feel I may return for, but definitely NOT when I have to wait for two hours. The Margherita pizza was SOGGY, the kind where you just have to fold it in half several times and shove it in your mouth, but that is not what I expected when I walked in the door.

NO DESSERT because they don't offer dessert! I was just really disappointed! Save your time and money and head to Cibo, they are on vacation right now, but they open again on the 23rd, so give them a call and make a reservation ASAP!

3 comments:

Micaila said...

Your taste buds must be aging because I was just whining today at work how I was DISGUSTED by a new spring mix I bought cause it had too much icky arugula. I think it is a taste I have just never aquired, ever since I tried it in culinary school I hated it. Ha! How the taste buds differ...

Robert said...

I have found the hostess to be anything but rude.
And for the recond, she is half owner.

Colleen said...

Interesting. . .thanks for that little piece of information. Hope we are all talking about the same hostess! To each their own!