CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Palette

I have been craving this restaurant since I left there two weeks ago!!! Everything about the place screamed perfect fall breakfast. Pat and I had the pleasure of dining there without the kids, and we were able to sit out on the patio. However, on a trip inside to use the bathroom, I found that the inside of this refurbished "house" was just as charming as the outside!
I had the The Egg as recommended by the Phoenix New Times food critic, and I was not disappointed. The puff pastry was light and flaky, the eggs cooked perfectly, and the fresh chives were the perfect addition to this dish. Pat's selection was a little out there for him because he doesn't like to stray too far from the norm, but he had Banana "Rum Cake" French Toast, and I stole a few bites, AMAZING. The sauce was sweet and sticky, almost like caramel. It also came with sausage, that I couldn't get enough off.
I will warn you that this restaurant shares a parking lot with my other favorite location, Cibo, so I could be biased, but check it out. If you head down there and see the line at Matt's Big Breakfast is too long for you, drive right on by and head to Palette, different selection of food, but equally as delicious!

http://www.downtownbrunch.com/home.html
606 N. Fourth Avenue

0 comments: