CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fate


www.go2fate.com
905 N. 4th St.
Phoenix, 85004

This restaurant is located on a REALLY DARK STREET, and once you are tucked safely inside, the ambiance is AMAZING, the exposed stucco, layered with brick and fun art is really cute. They have curtains that make it open to the patio, which I may sit on if I had some male friends with me, or if I was there with my husband.

They tried to do too many weird combinations with their food, and I was not a fan. Of the four of us, I would say that half of us liked it, and half of us did not. We started with the Crab Puffs and the Fresh Market Greens which were stir fried greens and a dipping sauce. The Crab Puffs were REALLY good, but the sauce that they had to dip them in was not as sweet and savory as it usually is, kind of bitter. And the greens were cooked ok and served with a REALLY spicy sauce-flavorful, but not my favorite! We tried three main dishes: Thai Coconut Curry, Pad Thai Noodles, and Hong Kong Flat Rice. The curry was good, but mainly, it was curry sauce and very little chicken. It was a bowl of curry sauce. The Pad Thai was good, nothing really special, and the Hong Kong Flat Rice, was NOT RICE! It was like a Lo Mein, but they had wide flat noodles, shaped like water chestnuts that were VERY CONFUSING! Sure, all the dishes were served with rice, and I made rice dish out of the Hong Kong flat rice, my favorite of the three dishes, but overall, I was not impressed.

We did have a very nice bottle of the Budini Malbec! My new favorite type of grape. But, we did end up at Bomberos for a night cap because the chairs were so uncomfortable at this place. I don't think I would go back when there are so many other cute, YUMMY places to eat at.

0 comments: